1. Where are you located?
Apna Adult Day Care Center is located at 236 Neptune Avenue, Brooklyn New York NY 11235.
Visit our Contact Page to get directions via Google Map.
2. What are your hours of operation?
We are open Mon to Sun from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
3. What type of therapeutic or recreational activities are offered?
- Free nutritious meals
- Board games
- Arts and Crafts
- Carrom board
- Visits to parks, museums and beeches
- Site seeing
- Computer & Technology tutorials
- English as a Second Language classes
- Quiet hours for spiritual enrichment
- Discussion Groups
4. Who can attend?
- Someone who is functionally impaired and will benefit from participation in the services we offer.
- Someone who needs assistance with toileting or being mobile and/or eating.
- Someone who needs supervision and monitoring because of a cognitive deficit.
- The individual must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible.
- The individual must have Medicaid.
A personal interview is conducted by Apna personnel to evaluate the functional, emotional and mental status of the individual to determine if the program is appropriate and to create a personalized care plan.
5. What is a Social Adult Day Care?
A Social Adult Day Care provides programs and services during the day in a community setting for the purpose of developing the personal independence of the elderly adults enrolled in the program. Furthermore, a Social Adult Day Care promotes the social, physical and emotional well being of the elderly participants. Typically, services at a Social adult Day Care include a variety of program activities designed to meet the individual needs and interests of the participants, a nutritious meal and snacks as appropriate to the program, and, referral to and assistance in, using appropriate community resources.